Re: sql server question to Oracle DBA

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 7 Jul 2004 12:26:24 -0700

"JoeBayer" <joebayerii_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<jFQGc.22282$Xq4.20510_at_nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
> Our sql server DBA quit his job suddenly, I am responsible for sql server
> until we find the right person.
>
> Does Microsoft has the same site as metalink?
>
> What is the relationship between databases and instances in sql server? My
> understanding is, in sqlserver, master database is like system tablespace in
> Oracle, am I right?

Questions about SQL Server should go to that group.

There has been a little discussion about the comparative terminology here in the past (check in google).

And as we've said about ORACLE, I say about any tools: immerse yourself in it. Each tool has its own worldview. Learn the tools on it's own terms and look for the parallels between tools later.

ed Received on Wed Jul 07 2004 - 14:26:24 CDT