Re: Has poetry ever got you laid?

From: david rutkowski <davidsands_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Jul 2004 16:26:15 -0700

johnmcwilliams69_at_hotmail.com (John McWilliams) wrote in message news:<26f67acb.0407041858.6125ced_at_posting.google.com>...
> Did the reading aloud of poetry to a female ever tip the balance in
> your favor for a a roll in the hay? It has only happened to me once.

I don't think poetry, per se, has ever gotten anyone laid. Women are often attracted to men who appear sensitive, and even a guy who can't write his way out of a five cent condom probably looks pretty sensitive when reading publicly. Poets no doubt do make pretty good lovers. We don't have cell phones going off with the latest quotes on stocks we're watching. We aren't afraid of commitment (at least for a week). And we've actually thought about women's bodies -- quietly, shamelessly -- and sex provides a way to prove or disprove theories about, say, whether constellations rearranged themselves when a woman comes in the clearing of a woods.

Seriously, though, after about a hundred times, you begin to wonder is it's you or just the "I slept with a poet" t-shirt they really want. Received on Tue Jul 06 2004 - 18:26:15 CDT