convert system tablespace from raw device to filesystem

From: Gautrak <gautrak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2004 04:58:13 -0700

Hi,
our current 8i (8.1.7) db on solaris uses raw devices for datafiles. we have to convert them to cooked filesystem files. ifs and buts have been already talked over and we have to do it as long as it is technically feasible.

Its is a 100+ GB database. Method we are planning to use is taking the tablespace offiline, convert raw device to filesystem and rename the datafile to location of this file.

Not sure how we would be converting the system tablespace raw device to file using this method.

Kindly provide insights into options available and difficulties we might face.

Thanks and regards,
Gautrak Received on Mon Jul 05 2004 - 06:58:13 CDT