Will the REAL pfile Please Stand Up

From: Michael <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Jul 2004 16:49:50 -0700

Hello,

On a Windows 2000 system running Oracle 8.17 I have noticed that the Registry shows this as the pfile location: C:\oracle\admin\db1\pfile\initdb1.ora

I also noticed however, that every time my database shuts down it writes to:
C:\oracle\ora81\sysman\ifiles\def_DB1.ora

  1. If I want to modify the pfile which one should I change?
  2. Does Oracle 8.17 on Sun UNIX systems have this dual pfile scenario too?

Thanks very much for feedback, Received on Sun Jul 04 2004 - 18:49:50 CDT