Re: recover question

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:21:54 +0200

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 12:22:17 GMT, "Tom" <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com> wrote:

>So far
>the answer seems to be no and that if not using a recovery catalogue i
>should also backup the control files using my OS backups rather than rely on
>RMAN for this.

Contrary to what you seem to believe (or want to believe) Howard Rogers has always emphatically stated 'in 9i you don't need a recovery catalogue'
Likely, he has material on RMAN on his site, http://www.dizwell.com and you can of course also search for his contributions on Google.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA