Re: recover question

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 12:22:17 GMT

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/statements_54a.htm#2061002
> . Also, this is kinda interesting:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96565/rcmsynta46.htm#1002154

thanks for these they are interesting -

The basic question i need to know the answer to is 'In my full RMAN backups each night is the current control file. Is there any way to extract that control file from the backup if i am not using a recovery catalogue'. So far the answer seems to be no and that if not using a recovery catalogue i should also backup the control files using my OS backups rather than rely on RMAN for this.

thanks for the assistance so far Received on Sat Jul 03 2004 - 07:22:17 CDT