Re: ORA-04021 timeout occurred while waiting to lock object

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 10:05:07 +0000 (UTC)

Someone else is probably executing the package/procedure while you are trying to compile it.

Find out who that is - you can find out who it is by checking the view dba_lock_internal that can be built using the catblock.sql script from the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory - and terminate their session if you can.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated May 1st