Re: Oracle newbie - Using LDAP to access an existing Oracle Database

From: Tony Dare <tonydare_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 16:06:05 -0700

Not certain what you mean there. Do you mean that login information retained in the Internet Directory store would be retrieved by some application which would then connect to the target database with it? Definitely can be done. That's what it's for, among other things. Oracle has created products that do just this very thing. Some Oracle options depend on it. The Internet Directory does not itself connect to the target database, only to its back end database so far as I know. It simply answers requests from LDAP clients.

HTH td