Re: o9i (9.2) Full export nor exporting some users/schemas

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2004 06:52:06 -0700

sminni_SPAM_DIVERTER_at_planage.com (Sanjay Minni) wrote in message news:<4fe109d.0407012045.4b29038c_at_posting.google.com>...
> Mark.Powell_at_eds.com (Mark D Powell) wrote in message news:<2687bb95.0406301630.62dbfabd_at_posting.google.com>...
> > Do the ID's in question have create session privilege?
> > What Oracle error is returned when you try to log on to these sessions?
> > What are the ID's in question?
> > What type of objects fail to export (dba_objects.object_type)
> > Are you sure the export file is complete and can be read all the way to the end?
> >
> > The answers to these questions might help someone identify what is wrong.
> > HTH -- Mark D Powell --
>
> Thanks all for your assistance
> We were using the DOS Command line export
> >exp
> It appears it was connecting to the wrong database
> (the OMS repository instead of the actual database)
> This was overcome by using
> >exp user@<actualDatabaseInstance>
>
> But this brings to another issue - licencing.
> We have oracle 9i licence Standard Edition (not Enterprise Edition)
> 1. Can we install OMS and use the Enterprise Console
> 2. What are the GUI management utilities available in standard edition
> 3. We have several small < 5 user standalone sites in standard edition.
> OMS is an overkill. I find GUI tools functioning are
> limited without OMS. Broadly what tools can be used specially
> if we want to administer thru a dial up connection also
>
> Regards
> Sanjay Minni

There are many 3rd party tools available that can be used to manage the db and whose licensing fees are well below's Oracle's for OEM (with any of the optional packages)

See www.maxdbt.com for trial copy. CA also had db management product.  Then there is TOAD, paid and free versions, etc....

That request should be a new thread. You can probably find posts on this topic in the archives.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jul 02 2004 - 08:52:06 CDT