Disabling logging on tables

From: Chloe Crowder <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk>
Date: 2 Jul 2004 01:39:41 -0700

Hi

is there any way (in 8.1.7) of switching off logging on specific tables? We have a system where the redo log IO rate is of concern (lots of log file sync waits being caused). A significant amount of the logging is on tables which are only used to store "session" data, which would not be of use or interest in the event of a recovery being required. The business has agreed that these tables are not required to be recovered (they are in fact cleared out on a regular basis anyway).

Looking at the ALTER TABLE NOLOGGING command, this only seems to impact bulk-load type operations.

Unfortunately the system is a third-party application, so I have no control over how the application operates, but any other bright ideas would be appreciated.

Chloe Crowder Received on Fri Jul 02 2004 - 03:39:41 CDT