Re: Tablespace Offline on Oracle 817i

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 00:09:08 GMT

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:35:41 -0700, wy wrote:

> data,and move them back when I need the data again.Should all these work be
> done when database is online or offline?

I'd think about first moving data files around and then taking them offline. I don't know if you've noticed but the tables in offline tablespaces never cause performance problems. Consequently, the best way to resolve the performance problem with a big join is to take all the tablespaces, containing tables being joined , offline. That will drastically improve the performance.

--
Well-behaved women seldom make history