Oracle 9i datafile sizes compared with 8i

From: Austin <austint_at_vsnl.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:32:35 GMT

Hi DBAs,

I am facing some problems importing an 8i export file into 9i instance.

I have created tablespaces with same sizes in 9i before the import (used the "create tablespace.." command from the export dmp file). I find that the tablespaces are getting full prematurely into the import. I would expect the 9i tablespace to hold the same amount of tables/records as the 8i tablespace of the same size. But after I set an initial extent to about twice the size of the 8i tablespace and retry, the import works fine.

My question is - Is there a difference in the way 9i datafiles are managed compared to 8i datafiles, or have I missed setting some parameter on the 9i instance?

Thanks in advance.

Austin. Received on Thu Jul 01 2004 - 12:32:35 CDT