Re: RMAN Failure to Network Drive

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2004 00:21:47 -0700

> >Metalink has very few hits on this message, probably because it is
> >actaully an OS error rather than an RMAN error.
>
> Metalink has very few hits, because Oracle doesn't support writing to
> a networked drive. Not on Windows, not on Unix.
> This means you will be pretty much on your own, if you proceed.

True.. But I've been running on this config for over 2 years with no problems. I have done hundreds of clones with RMAN duplicate commands and the backups have proved to be OK. I think the network failure is due to the increase in the size of our database.

I have tried the DISABLE_OOB parameter (it is a client side setting) and I haven't had a failure since.

I can understand Metalink being vague about RMAN remote backups but I expected to see some info on DISABLE_OOB (but there is very littel anywhere).

Thanks for the feedback.

Matt Received on Thu Jul 01 2004 - 02:21:47 CDT