Re: Setting ulimit values in files on Redhat AS 2.1

From: <linuxquestion_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Jun 2004 22:27:39 -0700

Thanks for your responses! This is what I did:

ulimit -a (root)

core file size (blocks)     0
data seg size (kbytes)      unlimited
file size (blocks)          unlimited

max locked memory (kbytes) unlimited
max memory size (kbytes) unlimited
open files                  1024
pipe size (512 bytes)       8
stack size (kbytes)         8192
cpu time (seconds)          unlimited
max user processes          7168
virtual memory (kbytes)     unlimited

Change /etc/security/limits.conf to include:

#        - stack - max stack size (KB)
*               soft    stack   32768
*               hard    stack   32768

#        - nofile - max number of open files
*               soft    nofile  65536
*               hard    nofile  65536

#        - nproc - max number of processes
*               soft    nproc   16384
*               hard    nproc   16384

reboot. Logging in as oracle92:

ulimit -a