Re: Automating Starting of Oracle when server is rebooted

From: Mickykt <mickykt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Jun 2004 18:22:12 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> wrote in message news:<5lg4e01t4uc4pcc1i3pqp2maualsl7oc3n_at_4ax.com>...
> On 29 Jun 2004 20:30:16 -0700, mickykt_at_hotmail.com (Mickykt) wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I would like to know how to automate the oracle service to startup
> >when server is rebooted.
> >I have a oratab with the correct settings
> >it looks as
> >SID:ORACLE_HOME:Y
> >Hope this is correct.
> >When I su as oracle and srun the dbstart it works also fine.
> >How can I tell the server to start this while rebooting.I tried and it
> >does not work with this settings.
> >

> The installation documentation for your platform would tell you how to
> do this. It usually involves setting up the correct procedure in
> /etc/rc2.d
> or editing the initab (Aix)
>
> >I also have a second doubt.
> >I am using Oracle 10g
> >When I type emctl start dbconsole ,I get not running,how to work
> >around this problem
> >
> You need to specify *exact* error messages to get help.
> Do you have a valid X server running?
>

> >THanks and regards

Hi ,

Appologies for not posting the entire error.This is what happens. When I type emctl start dbconsole
This takes a lot of time to come up (suspeciously slow) and starts,but if we check the emctl status dbconsole wit shoes its not running.

If we take the dbca to create a new database it gives the following error:

Xlib: connection to "183.54.10.101:0.0" refused by ser Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

even if i change the display to :0.0 it gives the error: Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by ser Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

I am working directly on the server,not remotely.

THanks and regards
mickykt Received on Wed Jun 30 2004 - 20:22:12 CDT