Re: [RMAN] backups are in another place

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:25:19 +1000

"zeb" <spam_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:40e30f52$0$6135$636a15ce_at_news.free.fr...
> Hi,
>
> I try to restore a rman backup
> in another machine in a different location.
>
> The backup was done to D:\backup (no catalog )
> and I have no D:\ drive in the new machine.
> The restore command search a D:\backup
>
> How can I can change it to C:\backup for example ?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> oracle 8.1.7
> windows 2000

Bad news... you have to invent a D: drive. There's no provision for restoring from a location you didn't actually backup to in the first place. If you had produced data file *copies*, a slightly different story, because you can "catalog" those (add them into RMAN's repository of information) wherever they are. It's one of the major issues with RMAN, I think.

You could always upgrade, of course. RMAN in 9i can move a backup... and if it moved it, it knows where it can find it. But with 8i: time to invest in a d: drive.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Jun 30 2004 - 16:25:19 CDT