Re: Missing Index entries

From: Dave <david.sharples3_at_ntlXworld.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:54:32 +0100

"Mladen Gogala" <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:pan.2004.06.29.23.41.25.317687_at_sbcglobal.net...
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:31:00 +0100, Dave wrote:
>
> > Sent the trace file to support and ..... nothing
>
> What do you mean "nothing"? Did they open a TAR? Was an analyst assigned?
> If you are not getting an answer, call (800) 223-1711 (USA silver supp.
> number), type in your TAR number from Metalink, ask to speak with the
> supervisor, complain about the analyst and elevate its priority. I had
> some pretty interesting experiences with Oracle support, (at one point,
> an analyst told me that Dev6i doesn't support X11, only MS Windows, after
> which statement I applied the procedure described above) but getting stuck
> and getting no response are not problems with the Oracle Support. They're
> well organized and have some very good people in the technical support.
>

> > There is no bug registered on this matter, the table is loaded into
using
> > the append hint, the only thing they have is a direct path sql*loader
bug.
> > Do they use the same API?
>
> That's the idea.
>
> --
> Well-behaved women seldom make history

I've got a TAR open, and they said the index was corrupted - yep thanks knew that.

My next question was which index is broken (as there are a few which could satisfy my query) i dont want to blindly rebuild 11 indexes on 110 Million row table.

This was a day and a half ago now.

Will escalte tomorrow if I havwnt heard anytning Received on Wed Jun 30 2004 - 13:54:32 CDT