Creating query based on results of a query...

From: CloudsŪ <DOCloudsNOT_at_hardwareSPAM-spot.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:08:26 +0200

Hi all,

Just ran into a problem: I have to create a query based on the result of a
'parent'-query.

For example: I have a table 'conditions' with the columns 'content',
'operator' and 'compare_value'

result for select * from conditions:

content operator compare_value

value1          =                  ABC
value2          >                    15

The next step is creating a query that looks like:

select * from a_table
where
value1 = ABC
and
value2 > 15

I guess this is not possible with plain SQL.....can it be done with SQL*Plus?
If so, please give a hint since I'm not an experienced SQL*Plus-programmer....

TIA!!!

--
CloudsŪ