Re: Windows ASM and DBCA in 10g

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:21:01 +1000

"Chris" <christian.antognini_at_trivadis.com> wrote in message news:40e268fb_at_post.usenet.com...
> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****
>
> Howard
>
> > The specific question then becomes: what's
> > the command-line tool to create ASM instance services?
>
> Mhmm.... since ORADIM has the two parameters (ASMSID and ASMSRVC) that
make
> sense only with ASM, and that in the documentation they are described as
> follow:
>
> ASMSID SID is the name of the Automatic Storage Management (ASM) instance
> create.
> ASMSRVC service_name is the name of the ASM service to create
>
> ... to me it seams that ORADIM should be used to create the ASM
instance...

Ah well... see what happens when you don't look before asking. But if I hadn't asked, I would never have found out!

Certainly seems that oradim with a few new switches is what I'm after. But it's late, and it will have to wait till tomorrow. Or probably August. I have a plane to catch...

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Jun 30 2004 - 06:21:01 CDT