Is ROLLUP functionality part of baseline?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 06:01:04 GMT

Are ROLLUP and CUBE and the advanced grouping sets functions part of the base SQL functionality or part of the OLAP option?

How about the advanced analytics, such as SUM OVER, RANK, and the Windowing functions?

I've been looking in the docco for a definitive answer, but either need to replace my glasses or have not found it yet. Further, comments like

"Oracle9i's new SQL aggregation features of grouping sets, concatenated grouping sets and composite columns provide high efficiency aggregations for the full range of business intelligence tasks. Oracle products such as the Oracle9i OLAP option are already taking advantage of the features"

found at http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/daily/feb01.html are leaving me even more confused than usual.

Pointers/links to official answers most appreciated. /Hans Received on Wed Jun 30 2004 - 01:01:04 CDT