Re: standard edition with RAC

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:08:50 +1000

"SQL Server DBA" <sqlsdba_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:2kekunF1fu7fU1_at_uni-berlin.de...
> Oracle.com says that Standard Edition can be used with RAC.
> Now Std Edition has 4 CPU limit. For RAC, we need to buy
> licenses on both nodes (assuming 2 nodes). Is there any
> other "hidden" license cost, like RAC license cost.
> How much does it cost?

For *any* question regarding license requirements, or how much things cost, the *only* source of authoratative advice is your local Oracle Sales Representative. Honestly. They don't bite, and they will be able to explain the labyrinthine complexities of Oracle's licensing requirements far more capably than anyone here can.

Just a tip, though: Oracle sales reps will tend to negotiate bigger discounts if you approach them at the end of the financial quarter, or (especially!) at the end of the financial year (June). Which is another way of saying: never pay list price, but negotiate like crazy. Another reason why no-one here can really tell you what these things *actually* cost.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Jun 29 2004 - 21:08:50 CDT