Setting ulimit values in files on Redhat AS 2.1

From: <linuxquestion_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jun 2004 17:47:13 -0700

Hello,

I need to set a few parameters at boot time.

They need to be:

 stack size (kbytes) (ulimit -s): 32768
 open files          (ulimit -n): 4096
 max user processes  (ulimit -u): 16384

I know it's possible to fool around with scripts and/or echo commands. (Please don't bother telling me about them, I'm trying to avoid that.)

However, I want to just set these values once in a file, such as in Sysctl.conf:

fs.file-max = 131014

Is it possible to set these ulimit values, in a file? What is the file? What is the secret?

Thanks a lot Received on Tue Jun 29 2004 - 19:47:13 CDT