Re: Missing Index entries

From: Dave <david.sharples3_at_ntlXworld.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:31:00 +0100

"Mladen Gogala" <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:pan.2004.06.28.23.57.29.867026_at_sbcglobal.net...
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:47:00 +0100, Dave wrote:
>

> > I dont think the table or index is corrupt as I can still select from
them
> > both.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> If that is so, that is a very serious, probably critical bug. As Jonathan
> has suggested, validate the index to see what's going on.
>
> --
> Well-behaved women seldom make history

I did that, analyze table xx validate structure cascade;

It failed with an error

ORA-01499: table/index cross reference failure - see trace file.

Sent the trace file to support and ..... nothing

There is no bug registered on this matter, the table is loaded into using the append hint, the only thing they have is a direct path sql*loader bug. Do they use the same API?

I could just rebuild the index, but I dont want to as its not a real fix... Received on Tue Jun 29 2004 - 14:31:00 CDT