Re: Why?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:31:53 GMT

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:23:29 +1000, Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> In a world where I would be forced to make a choice between the advice of
> Cary Millsap or Michael Austin, you will forgive me, I'm sure, if I elect to
> go the Cary Millsap route.

Now, this is a great surprise! I must confess that I'd do the same, especially knowing that another author is also critical of RAID-5. The paper that I have in mind is also excellent:

http://www.ixora.com.au/tips/creation/random_writes.htm

and was written by Steve Adams. Now, if you were asked to chose between Mr. Austin and Steve Adams, who would you chose? This is much harder dilemma, isn't it?

--
Well-behaved women seldom make history