Re: UNIX Services on WIndows 2000 Server

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 28 Jun 2004 05:48:35 -0700

It is an interesting concept and microsoft is apparently doing something more in the interoperability area ( not worried about linux at all right ;-) ). I did see some press on it when the new 3.5 came out think it was beta not sure if its moved beyond that status.

Sorry personally I don't know anyone using it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/

Why don't you check it out some more and post a review of how it works for you? Supposedly interix (or whatever) provides a complete ksh so scripts could be moved over fairly painlessly?

I am always amazed at how many companies are running oracle on windows in production but that's another subject. Received on Mon Jun 28 2004 - 07:48:35 CDT