Re: 9i on Windows 2000 Server Workgroup

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:16:21 +1000

"fu manchu" <leondobr_at_verizon.net> wrote in message news:th2sd0ta9tuqjbocolblj11qg0nbc1lo15_at_4ax.com...
> I did yet another clean install, this time omitting VCom SystemSuite 5
> anitivrus and it worked finally!. I specifically did not install their
> firewall on past installs, or any other of their add-ons. Those
> stinkers!
>
> My little listener is sitting there happily taking all callers.

Excellent (though, I've got to say it, a "clean install" in my book means: install Windows, patch it to the latest service pack level, and that's it. Even anti-virus stuff, the latest version of Media Player or whatever else comes down from Windows Update doesn't count!!).

Anyway... I see Hans has given you some good advice. I have to say that I've never had a problem on Windows 2000 Pro, Server, Advanced Server, Windows XP Pro, or Windows 2003 Server or Enterprise Server using Symantec's Norton Antivirus.

Regards
HJR