Benefits of RMAN

From: DB2 Convert <db2convert_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2004 02:22:47 -0700

Hi,

Really, if my database isn't big enough to deploy incremental backup, I don't see the advantages of RMAN over the conventional ALTER TABLESPACE ... BACKUP BEGIN.

 Advantages of RMAN are:

  1. Incremental where only modified data blocks will be copied
  2. Integrity check for the data block in case they are corrupted
  3. Can do parallelism instead of sequential
  4. ???

What else?

  Anyone can list down more advantages of RMAN will really be appreciated.

Thanks

DB2 Convert Received on Sat Jun 26 2004 - 04:22:47 CDT