How to control outbound traffic?

From: Jared <jared_at_hwai.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2004 13:28:38 -0700

Hi all,

We are setting up a test environment. Part of that test environment includes four Oracle instances on a single machine (running Solaris 8). There is a quad ethernet NIC in the machine, which is set to four different addresses. The main client to this machine is an AIX server running a piece of middleware, using a plain vanilla SQL*Net client.

It is, of course, trivial to set tnsnames.ora to access each instance by a particular IP address. What we are trying to figure out is how to make the instance reply via the given address. We can see from netstat that the connection is made via the proper address; but does that automatically mean the SQL*Net session will use the given IP for outbound traffic?

TIA - Kind regards,

jh Received on Fri Jun 25 2004 - 15:28:38 CDT