DB Connectivity

From: Hari Om <manojkithany_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2004 06:54:51 -0700

I am using Oracle DB 9.2.0.4.0 on my IBM AIX 5.1L Systems. I have 2 instances of Oracle running - "UTAH" and "UTAH_TEST" on the same server. "UTAH" contains real data and "UTAH_TEST" contains test data.

I have 2 Application Servers -each having its own applicationIDENTICAL  Specifications. one of them is using "UTAH" instance and another one is using "UTAH_TEST" instance to connect to database.

My PRODUCTION Version is http://my.prod.com/app which connects to PRODUCTION APP Server and PRODUCTION Instance "UTAH"

My TEST Version is http://my.test.com/app_test which connects to TEST APP Server and TEST Instance "UTAH_TEST"

I am having some problems in connecting my TEST Application to my test instance "UTAH_TEST" When I LOG into this TEST VERSION of the application it shows "INVALID USERNAME/PASSWORD" which means it cannot connect to my DATABASE for some reasons. When I restart my TOMCAT (on test App Server) and restart my TEST INstance "UTAH_TEST" everything works fine.

I am not having this problems on my PRODUCTION INSTANCE- "UTAH" I get this problem only on my "UTAH_TEST" instance - wonder why. I DO NOT See any difference in configuration in TEST Version (Test application and Test instance) Can anyone throw some light on this?

Any related informaiton on above would bre appreciated. Received on Fri Jun 25 2004 - 08:54:51 CDT