Help with a strange behaviour of Oracle on RedHat linux

From: charlie cs <cfs3526(no-spam)_at_ureach.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:53:37 GMT

Hi, group,
I am using Oracle 9202 on RedHat linux Advanced Server 3.0

In our company, everybody can sudo to a user "ora92", which is the user to install the oracle.

The strange thing is, as ora92, when you do "sqlplus /nolog", "connect sys as sysdba", I can type anything, oracle will accept it, even though I set up the password file through "orapwd".

Some init file parameters are as follows:

os_roles=FALSE
remote_os_authent=FALSE
remote_os_roles=FALSE
os_authent_prefix=ops$

What did I do wrong?

Your help is highly appreciated. Received on Fri Jun 25 2004 - 06:53:37 CDT