Re: tough choices

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:33:15 +1000

Serge Rielau apparently said,on my timestamp of 24/06/2004 3:12 PM:

> And then of cours ethe magic question: Does one want SMP and when?

Hmmm, judging by the fact that IBM bought one of the major exponents of SMP and uses its technology a bit all over the place, and that SUN and just about any other *nix computer maker does the same, I think you should rephrase that to "Does anyone not want SMP?"

:)
Federated databases may be a nifty way of working around the limitations of a shared-nothing architecture in an SMP environment, but that doesn't make SMP undesirable....

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto