Re: tough choices

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.eye-be-em.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 06:44:28 -0400

Mark Townsend wrote:
> > If you feel the need for a p***ing contest do it alone.
>
> I'd be happier to not to have to do it at all. The truth is that a lot
> of mis-information is posted during these tirades. How about next time
> you see something posted somewhere that negatively compares Oracle to
> DB2, which you know to be incorrect, you step in and politely offer a
> correction, either way ?

I have stepped in when DB2 was technically oversold. (which is all I know) I have also been seen defending SQL Server in these waters when I felt it was unfairly bashed.
To protect Oracle as an IBM techie..wouldn't that require some from of quit-pro-quo in a good way for a change? ;-) I do attempt myself in technical contribution on c.d.o.s and c.d.ms-sql when it comes to SQL btw.
I'm glad you have recognized that I try hard to keep my side education rather than confrontational.

Now let's heed HJR's request and end this thread's misery :-)

--
Serge Rielau
DB2 SQL Compiler Development