Re: tough choices

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:31:34 -0700

Rahul Kitchlu wrote:

> Daniel, Oracle's practice of dubious 'internal' discounts in pricing are a
> legend in iteself. As for list price comparisons for
> the sake of objectivity, Oracle is consistently the most expensive solution
> you can pick up.

I don't sell the product or make any money from its sales so I don't care. But dubious is your word. And surely you aren't so naive that you don't think the sales person that met me from IBM didn't do the same thing. The only a fool or a moron pays list price for a commercial RDBMS or a used car.

And I suspect your CFO would say the same thing about anyone that price shops based on list price. You price commercial RDBMS products with something called an RFP.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu