Re: tough choices

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 04:47:11 GMT

> What exactly does the Advanced Security option offer? I am looking at the
> data sheet for the product, and it looks like it provides the ability for
> Oracle to plug in to external (enterprise) authentication - like Oracle
> Internet Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, etc ?

Amongst other things, yes. That's the strong authentication part of it, the other part is the strong encryption on the wire. Note that Oracle Internet Directory is actually an implementation of a directory using the LDAP protocal

> Don't these other products have to be licensed (whether they are from
> Oracle or another vendor) ?

If you want to use an external authentication system, then yes, that is correct. Received on Tue Jun 22 2004 - 23:47:11 CDT