Re: 9.2 RAC on w2k VM problem

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:11:28 +1000

As you know, this is a highly unconventional and totally unsupported implementation of RAC. If it all goes dodgy, the first thing to do is to accept it for one of the peculiarities you have to live with. But you could make life a bit easier for yourself by upgrading to 9.2.0.4 (or .5 if you insist), though that would require access to patches via Metalink. Secondly, make sure you patch Windows 2000 to service pack 4 levels. And finally, make sure you're running the latest version of VMware (new releases are coming out all the time): last time I looked, they were on version 4.5, build 8848.

Other than that, though, make the best use of the five minutes of two instance single node RAC you have available to you.

Regards