Re: copying tables(s) from on database instance to another

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:17:27 -0500

rahuld_at_myway.com (Rahul Dhond) wrote:

>Hello All,
> I am trying to copy tables from 1 database instance(say DUMY) to
>another(TRNG). I used the command

>using select * from <table>.
>
>It created the table at the other instance(TRNG) but didnt populate it
>with data. I am not using Client-Server module. It is 1 Oracle server
>that I connect to and both my above-mentioned database instances
>reside on the same server.
>If anyone can let me know what I need to modify in the above command
>or can suggest an alternative method(export/import ?), that would be
>great. I am new to DBA activities hence explanation in layman terms
>would be appreciated.
>Thanks in advance !
> - Rahul Dhond

Syntax seems correct ( in both your postings) From the docs:

COPY FROM HR/your_password_at_BOSTONDB -
TO TODD/your_password_at_CHICAGODB -
CREATE NEWDEPT (DEPARTMENT_ID, DEPARTMENT_NAME, CITY) - USING SELECT * FROM EMP_DETAILS_VIEW Be sure the select * from <table> specifies a table in DUMY that <user> has select rights on. Received on Tue Jun 22 2004 - 15:17:27 CDT