10g Grid - I need HW recommendations

From: Ron <rcforrester_at_midamerican.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2004 11:15:33 -0700

I'm getting approval from my management to build a standalone 10g Database and Application Server Lab environment. Trying to keep the cost down to a manageable $$, I'm seeking recommendations on configurations before getting quotes. Here's what I think I need to get started:

2 10g DB servers running RAC in my primary site (Intel/Linux) 2 10g DB servers running RAC in my standby site (Intel/Linux) 1 shared disk configuration in my primary site 1 shared disk configuration in my secondary site 2 10g AS servers in my primary site (Intel/Linux) 2 10g AS servers in my secondary site (Intel/Linux)

We've traditionally been a Sparc/Solaris shop but I'm strongly considering Intel/Linux going forward.

I'm open to any recommendations on Linux flavor, HW vendor, patch sets, memory configs, disk configs from your own experiences. Received on Tue Jun 22 2004 - 13:15:33 CDT