Re: Maximum number of connections

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:39:32 GMT

"SV" <nono_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:2jqi2kF14ha72U1_at_uni-berlin.de...
> "NetComrade" wrote
>
> > 1) don't use it, can't comment
>
> Found out what is going on, as per Metalink and Oracle Support,
> it's a know issue with 9.2.0.1, one has to apply the latest
> patch
>
> Namely, Connection Manager shoots up to 100% on
> affected installations, so beware
>

> > 2)
> > Check your java clients logs!
> > If they don't say ORA-xxxxx Maximum number of connections reached,
> > it's not a problem. This error is also logged in alert.log (but not
> > sure if always). Check if there are any other ORA- errors.
> >
> > The max # depends on the processes parameter I believe. However, it's
> > not a 1 to 1 relationship (but fairly close).
>

> I think that has to do with CM in some way
> Thanks

For connection manager here are some example commands:

cmctl

CMCTL for Solaris: Version 9.2.0.3.0 - Production on 22-JUN-2004 13:34:47

Copyright (c) 1995, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Welcome to CMCTL, type "help" for information.

CMCTL> help
The following operations are available
An asterisk (*) denotes a modifier or extended command:

accept_connections     close_relay            shutdown
start                  stats                  status
stop                   stopnow                version
quit                   exit                   set*
show*

CMCTL> show
The following operations are available after show An asterisk (*) denotes a modifier or extended command:

address         all             displaymode     profile
relay           rules

CMCTL> show all

Address List

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx)(PORT=1610))

Profile of the CMAN

MAXIMUM_RELAYS         = 128
RELAY_STATISTICS       = no
AUTHENTICATION_LEVEL   = 0
LOG_LEVEL              = 0
SHOW_TNS_INFO          = no
ANSWER_TIMEOUT         = 0
MAXIMUM_CONNECT_DATA   = 1025
USE_ASYNC_CALL         = yes
TRACING                = no
TRACE_DIRECTORY        = default
MAX_FREELIST_BUFFERS   = 0
REMOTE_ADMIN           = no

Rule List

(RULE_LIST=) .....
See also the network manual on tahiti.oracle.com ..

cman.ora has the custom settings defined

Anurag Received on Tue Jun 22 2004 - 12:39:32 CDT