Re: How to i check how often my redo logs switch??

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:47:02 +0200

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> a écrit dans le message de news:1087850967.443153_at_yasure...
> Steve Howard wrote:

> >>No! Resize the log files if you think 30 minutes is some magical
> >>value ... it isn't.
> >>

> > archive_lag_target in 9.x and later.
>
> What is this? I find no object in 9.2.0.4 with that name and no
> column with that name either?

ARCHIVE_LAG_TARGET
Parameter type Integer
Default value 0 (disabled)
Parameter class Dynamic: ALTER SYSTEM
Range of values 0 or any integer in [60, 7200]  Real Application Clusters Multiple instances should use the same value.

ARCHIVE_LAG_TARGET limits the amount of data that can be lost and effectively increases the availability of the standby database by forcing a log switch after a user-specified time period elapses.

A 0 value disables the time-based thread advance feature; otherwise, the value represents the number of seconds. Values larger than 7200 seconds are not of much use in maintaining a reasonable lag in the standby database. The typical, or recommended value is 1800 (30 minutes). Extremely low values can result in frequent log switches, which could degrade performance; such values can also make the archiver process too busy to archive the continuously generated logs.

--
Regards
Michel Cadot