Move database from Sun Solarias 5.8 to HPUX 11.11 pa-64

From: DK <dakight_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:53:40 -0400

I need to move a database from Sun Solaris 5.8 to HPUX 11.11. Could I install the Oracle software on the HP and copy the Oracle datafiles/controlfiles, etc. from the sun machine to the hp and simply start the database? The underlying file system is Veritas.

TIA Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 17:53:40 CDT