Maximum number of connections

From: SV <nono_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:50:25 +0200

Ora9i R2 Standard Ed on Windows 2000 S

  1. Connection Manager is all the time on 22% of CPU usage. Is this normal? We have just a couple of Java clients connected through JDBC. Most of the time, they just sit idly there, doing nothing.
  2. sometimes our Java clients return "I/O error". This happens when a fair number of clients connect. I suspect this has something to do with the maximum number of simultaneuos connections to our server. (Dedicated server mode.) Where can I find and modify this parameter?

Thanks in advance. Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 15:50:25 CDT