Re: tough choices

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.eye-be-em.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:40:33 -0400

DPF stands for "Database Partitioning Feature". (Please don't shoot the messenger, I didn't invent the name) You may know is as "EEE" (Extended Enterprise Edition) prior to V8. It's scale-out and yes it is, at present, priced extra.

The point I was trying hard to make is that DPF and partitoned tables are not comparable. It is nonsense to compare them.

Once partitioned tables ar eintroduced into DB2 they will of course we easy to administer. With or without DPF being present.

--
Serge Rielau
DB2 SQL Compiler Development