Re: Oracle 10g Database Configuration Assistant disappears

From: vlad_zavin <vzagvozdin_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2004 07:44:18 -0700

"Jan Gelbrich" <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de> wrote in message news:<2jnlc9F12hjp5U1_at_uni-berlin.de>...
> > Will do some RTFM and googling next time.
> >

> You triggered me; used google for 1 minute and got e.g.:
>
> http://www.remote-dba.cc/10g_409.htm
>
> It is by DB (who happens to recieve a split audience here, I suppose),
> but it is an explanation to what happens:
>
> If You (that is: the installer) try to run
> Oracle Cluster Registry (OCR)
> and
> Cluster Synchronization Services (CSS),
> You would need to *have* a cluster in the first place :) ... I had none.
> And I assume You do not have either.
>
> hth, Jan

Thanks everyone for replies.
I have also come across Burleson's article, which unfortunately does not explain why CSService and OCR errors happen on a non-clustered machine.
So far, my only guess about what could be wrong with the install is that the server that I was using for 10g installation had 4 NICs. But I had disabled 3 of them, and left only a single network connection. IP is static, and a domain account was used for installation. Similarly configured servers work fine with 9i. Vlad Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 09:44:18 CDT