Re: Oracle 10g Database Configuration Assistant disappears

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:26:57 +0200

"vlad_zavin" <vzagvozdin_at_hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5849d749.0406171902.15920f46_at_posting.google.com...
> Made a first try to install Oracle 10g on windows 2000.
> During Oracle installation got 2 errors: smth about
OCR, and
CSService
> does not start, but installation finished successfully.

I got the very same errors on my private test machine: W2K SP4, fixed IP, but machine isolated from any network - as it is for my "Rodeos".

I had:
- OCR could not be installed: "OK", installer continued ... i made screen shots, but do not have it at hand right now ... - CSS hanged up while starting, as could be seen in the servive panel ... no other impact observed.

But the rest of it ran through: I installed database 10g and DS10g and I could run a form on Scotts Schema from scratch, then played with the browser OEM ... no problem.

So I thought OK, some errors occurred, but so far uncritical for my first steps with 10g.
Will keep them in mind for further RTFM ...

> Tried to create a database, but Database Configuration assistant
> disappeares after the screen with memory parameters?! Tried several
> times - same result.
> What's wrong? Still buggy?
>
> By the way, the status of CSService is Starting all the time?

Not if You make it "manually" in the service panel - same goes for all services.
I change all Oracle services to "manually" and start them only as needed - my machine is not
reserved for Oracle ...

>How do
> you like it? Disabled it, and rebooted to make sure that this bizzarre
> status is not the reason for DB assistant to fail.
>
> Vlad

Not much help, only that we are some kind of companions ... Will do some RTFM and googling next time.

greetings, Jan Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 03:26:57 CDT