HELP!! - ORA-01555: snapshot too old: Rollback Segment number 2 ....."_SYSSMSU5$ too small"

From: Ursula Lee <ursula.lee_at_thales-is.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:53:23 +0800

Dear all,

(FYI.. Oracle database Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 running on HP-UX11) I currently encounter a database problem that the data cannot continue to load into database.

I have 2 big table which have almost 100000 of rows inserting each day.

    It has been running fine previously, but after my colleagues reboot the server and restart the database, we encounter a major problem namely "snapshot too old".

In fact, I am not sure if it is related the reboot, but here is the error message we encounter when retrieving data from the 2 tables (both from client and from sqlplus).

ERROR:
ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 5 with name
"_sysmu5$" too small

And when I try to retrieve from another table, I got :

ERROR:
ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 2 with name
"_sysmu2$" too small

Not sure if this problem will stop the program from inserting into database. But this is the only hint we found.

Question:
How to fix the problem? I try to increase the rollback segment size from Oracle Manager Console, but unable to change the number? Is it related to UNDO tablespace?

Appreciate if you give me some hint!!!

Regards,
Ursula Received on Sun Jun 20 2004 - 20:53:23 CDT