Re: tough choices

From: Mark A <nobody_at_switchboard.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:31:05 -0600

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1087744953.74103_at_yasure...
> Mark A wrote:
>
> > Yes DPF is an additional cost on top of the ESE license. Even so, it is
less
> > expensive than an equivalent Oracle system.
>
> More or less no disagreements right up to here. A few nits to pick but
> they can wait. But how can an additional cost be less expensive than
> included in the standard edition license?
>
> --
> Daniel Morgan

First, Oracle is more expensive than DB2.

I believe that both DB2 and Oracle are usually priced by the number of CPU's for parallel versions. I know I paid extra a few years ago for the parallel version of Oracle over and above the standard version (but I don't remember the details). Received on Sun Jun 20 2004 - 10:31:05 CDT