Re: fast_start_mttr_target value is ignored

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:25:08 +1000

"Jack" <admin_at_stirlingonline.com> wrote in message news:7a80a637.0406191843.5dba5a2c_at_posting.google.com...
> > OK... we can but eliminate things one step at a time!
> >
> > Are you certain you are starting up with the correct init.ora? The one
that
> > you know for certain has a fast_start_mttr_target set? I have edited the
> > wrong init.ora many times in the past :-(
> >

> I don't think that that is the problem:
>
> SQL> select instance_name from v$instance;
>
> INSTANCE_NAME
> ----------------
> rowdy
>
> SQL> show parameter spfile
>
> NAME TYPE VALUE

> spfile string
%ORACLE_HOME%\DATABASE\SPFILE%
> ORACLE_SID%.ORA
Hang on. Now you're changing things. 2 posts ago, you were claiming that the value field for this was showing a null, meaning you don't have an spfile. Now you do, apparently.

If you're changing things that we're not discussing here, then discussion here becomes moot. It is impossible to provide help to a system that undergoes such radical change without notification between 2 posts.

If you've got an spfile, then use alter system set fast_start_mttr_target=300 to set the value. If you haven't, then edit your init.ora. And if you've got both, get rid of the init.ora, because the spfile will always take precedence, so you might as well eliminate a source of potential confusion.

HJR Received on Sat Jun 19 2004 - 23:25:08 CDT