Re: OMLETv4 The Ultimate Visual Real Time Oracle Monitoring Tool

From: omlet v4 <amjadd_at_uop.edu.jo>
Date: 19 Jun 2004 03:28:15 -0700

oratune_at_yahoo.com (David Fitzjarrell) wrote in message news:<a3db96e9.0406140632.31e4f653_at_posting.google.com>...

> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<40cb736b$0$14389$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...

> > "omlet v4" <amjadd_at_uop.edu.jo> wrote in message

>  references

> > > <quote>
> > > "
> > > March 2004
> > > If you're a regular visitor to this website....).
> > >
> > > You'll notice a lot of ...... (at hjr_at_dizwell.com) or ask us direct at
> > > info_at_dizwell.com.
> > >
> > > The days of ...... bandwith.
> > > "
> > > <end of quote>
> > >
> > > So, on the evidence in front of me, I take it your comment about OMLET
> > > was just the mindless dribbling of someone who cannot spell; whose
> > > opinions of Oracle gurus and developers are .... while in fact they
> > > should go back to 1st grade.
> >
> > You started off this entire thread with a bit of silly spamming. You have
> > now "progressed", if that's the word, to total incoherence. None of what
> > you've just posted here makes the least bit of sense. Unless it is a rather
> > cryptic way of continuing to bang on about one typo made with the word
> > 'bandwidth'.
> >
> > Is that as deep and meaningful as your criticism gets? Tell you what... why
> > don't you use a dictionary, learn how to spell floccinausinihilipilification
> > correctly, and then try understanding why it is a perfect description of
> > what most people here have done with your Omlet.
> >
> > Pillock.
> > HJR
>
> I agree entirely.
> I read your posts and laugh,

I am glad you have time to laugh after being FIRED from AMR for mishandling the US Airways migration.

>mostly due to the arrogance of them. Your over-> inflated ego,

Check yours, after WSJ article in 1999 about you and your team.

> along with your elevated sense of self-importance,

Yes. I did not get a reward like you for .....

>are cause
> for concern with regard to your software.

OMLET found timeouts on control files for those instances that you stuffed fifteen of them on the same server.

> And your language; any
> professional would not be caught DEAD calling another a '...',
> ESPECIALLY in print, which only proves to me you're in the same boat as
> another 'guru' who also passes off misinformation as fact and decides to sue > or threaten those who call him on it (I'll not mention any names).

Anyone who manages to stuff 16 H1B DBA's in 2x2 room in a basement

deserves the boots! and ...................

> You haven't used a reference since 1996 and yet you presume to inform
> us of your endless expertise and insight into the internal workings of > Oracle.

no comment! go to school and learn how to use the internet.

> Most of your posts at Metalink included your shameless spamming,

One of those is to solve your problems: search for sabre timeout controlfiles for the story.

> not something one is apt to receive willingly in a support setting.

Yes the DBA filing a TAR was actually filing one meter only from my desk.

> Also,
> not one post indicated you EVER worked for Oracle, nor had ANY 'access'.

Check with Oracle HR.

> The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and, apparently, spam using > geocities as a launching

Yes! You and our team stuffed 15 instances on one server; they all crashed; US Airways could not find their planes! US Airways stock crashed! Contra Fund dumped their 85% US Airways share! Contra Fund shut down dumping Nasdaq shares! Nasdaq took a dive! America took a dive!

And you only got FIRED! The guy who fired you GOT fired! and the rest of the group GOT sold!

good management: smooth migration is what Wall Street Journal wrote. I bet you cashed your stocks that day! Huh!

> pad. Leading unsuspecting junior DBAs to your less than worthy efforts is a > sin, most assuredly. The greater sin, though, is to maintain your supposed > superiority with respect to Oracle when, in fact, you haven't the > wherewithall to actually tune a Tonka truck.

I actually can tune a Tonka truck!

> I strongly suggest you get a grip, then get a clue.

I strongly suggest you get clue, the get a grip.

> Then go about your
> software design again, this time with reliable and current tuning
> strategies, and a much less arrogant marketing strategy.  You may find a
> more receptive audience.

Did they teach this before using TRAX or after!

> Oh, and an omelette is simply a solution to the problem of what to do with
> several broken eggs (hopefully those that haven't hit the floor).   It is
> not now, nor ever was, a viable name for a software product, especially one > touted as a tuning wizard for Oracle databases (and, yes, I KNOW it's
> spelled OMLET, although that doesn't make it any
> better of a name).

Amazing, you actually know the difference. I always suspected you are a good manager.!.

> Unless, of course, you're planning on making an omelette out of the Oracle > instances you tune with your product...

I am following your lead. Oddyssy is still ticking! I inherited your job and fixed what I could. Received on Sat Jun 19 2004 - 05:28:15 CDT