Re: How is this possible?

From: D Rolfe <dwrolfeFRUITBAT_at_orindasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:16:30 +0100

Noons wrote:

> D Rolfe apparently said,on my timestamp of 19/06/2004 12:08 AM:
>

>> This is *obviously* extremely bad practice but is possible.

> and scary...

Not as scary as doing this in Unix:

touch '*'

But to stay vaguly on topic double quotes in Oracle let you bypass a lot of stuff. We created the following for testing purposes:

create table dbhell."from"
("where" varchar(1));

insert into dbhell."from"
values
('a');

create table dbhell." a b c"
(" " varchar(1));

insert into dbhell." a b c"
values
('a');

All of the above are defintly in the realm of 'don't try this at home' but are used by us to make sure our stuff supports what is syntacticly possible in addition to what is plausible.

David Rolfe Received on Fri Jun 18 2004 - 10:16:30 CDT