Re: Oracle 10g Database Configuration Assistant disappears

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:25:50 +1000

"vlad_zavin" <vzagvozdin_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5849d749.0406171902.15920f46_at_posting.google.com...
> Made a first try to install Oracle 10g on windows 2000.
> During Oracle installation got 2 errors: smth about OCR, and CSService
> does not start, but installation finished successfully.
> Tried to create a database, but Database Configuration assistant
> disappeares after the screen with memory parameters?! Tried several
> times - same result.
> What's wrong? Still buggy?
>
> By the way, the status of CSService is Starting all the time? How do
> you like it? Disabled it, and rebooted to make sure that this bizzarre
> status is not the reason for DB assistant to fail.
>
> Vlad

For research purposes, I've just finished my 18th install this week onto Windows 2000 Professional (not counting the similar number on 2000 Server, Advanced Server, XP and assorted Linuxes). Not one of them has ever had a problem like this.

Does your machine have a fixed IP address? Is it connected to the network correctly? Are you installing using a Domain Account or a local account? How clean an install of Windows is this?

Not much help, but to answer your specific question directly: no, it's not buggy. A bit more detail about the configuration of the machine you're installing on to might help a little.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu Jun 17 2004 - 22:25:50 CDT